Friday, May 18, 2007

Woke up this morning

The body wasn't created to wake up at 3:45 a.m., especially when you go to bed around midnight. I'm still not used to it. Probably never will be. I'm usually in a fog for a few minutes when the alarm goes off. I'm not a "push the snooze button" guy. Don't have the time. I literally roll myself out of bed, splash water on my face, throw on a hat, and drive to the radio station.

This morning, however, I needed to lay in bed for a few minutes to comprehend things.

I guess my dream was the result of watching the latest Sopranos episode, and reading a book about the series. Anyway, onto my dream.

The details are fuzzy, like most dreams, but the jist is that somebody was trying to shoot me just before I went on the air to broadcast a game. So it was my job to try and shoot the other person first. The rub was, the only way I could do this is by wearing my headphones, because somebody was telling me where to go, where to stop, and when to shoot.

I don't own a gun. Haven't shot one in over 20 years. No desire to change any of that, all of which made this one of the most intense dreams of my life. Right before "the final sequence" was about to go down, the alarm went off. My heart was racing like crazy. I needed a good 5-10 minutes, staring into darkness in my room, to comprehend what happened.

Even an hour later, as I did my first sports update at 5:10 a.m., I was still in a fog from the dream.

No comments: