Saturday, June 30, 2007

Baking in Bake-oh


The primary purpose of this blog is the photo. It's basically to make you laugh, and make you feel sorry for me.

This is the "broadcast booth" in Bakersfield. I couldn't doctor this photo, even if I knew how. The window really is that dirty. The room really is that tiny. Not to mention, what you can't see is how the temperature in that closet is somehow 10-15 degrees hotter than it is in the ballpark.

Fortunately, it was only in the lower-90s this weekend in Bakersfield. It could be well over 100.

So earlier this season, when it was raining and I had to close the window to keep the equipment dry, and I unfathonably said a home run was a home run, even though it was flyout, my excuse is trying to call a game through that disgusting window.

No comments: