Friday, April 20, 2007

I can see clearly now

About a year ago, I went to the eye doctor to have my vision checked. Figured my inability to tell the difference between a 6, 8, 9 and 0 on the scoreboards at night was an issue. This was back when I was a newspaper reporter.

The eye doctor didn't think my vision was that bad. I was fitted for glasses. His recommendation was to wear the glasses at night when I was driving home from games. Did it a few times. It made my head hurt. When I looked into lights, my vision got blurry and I got scared. So I took the glasses out of my car, put them somewhere in my room, and forgot about them.

Today, I went through my moving boxes and found the glasses. Put them in my laptop bag. Out of nowhere, in the fifth inning, I put them on. It was weird. Just feeling glasses around my face was weird. How they rubbed against the headphone was weird.

But the weirdest part was being able to see. I could read all the letters in the outfield fence signs. Used to think it was common to not read them. The numbers on the scoreboard were crystal clear. Wow. What a difference.

I'm going to keep wearing my glasses when I'm on the air.

No comments: