Saturday, May 23, 2015

PCL Day Trips: The Alamo & River Walk -- San Antonio, Texas

About 10 years ago, I was at the Playboy Mansion and ... yes, I'm blatantly bragging about the night I was at the Playboy Mansion ... because I can.

Anyway, so I was at the Playboy Mansion for some charity event and I started talking to a playmate by the name of Pylar Lastra. Besides being stunningly gorgeous, Pylar is incredible sweet, full of personality, and we actually spent almost an hour talking that night. [Side story: yes, I gave her my business card and actually thought for a minute she might call. Wishful thinking.]

We spent considerable time discussing her hometown of San Antonio, Texas. She was very proud of San Antonio, gave it considerable hype, and should probably be employed by the city's tourism board. I'm pretty sure we pinky-swore that I would one day visit her hometown. [I figured that my visit would be to meet her family before our wedding or something.]

Alas, instead of meeting the Lastra family, I finally visited San Antonio with friends Gabriel Elizondo (waving in the back), Ben Saxe (hat and sunglasses) and Ferris Shahrestani (bald head and sunglasses) on a day trip from Round Rock.




It's about one hour and 45 minutes from Round Rock to San Antonio, just under my two-hour each direction limit for day trips (unless it's really, really worth it).

Pilar was right about San Antonio. Even though we only saw a few touristy things -- The Alamo and River Walk -- it's a pretty neat city. [You really think I'm going to disagree with Pilar?]






I look forward to another trip to San Antonio, exploring the city more, paying better respects to #Aztec4Life Kawhi Leonard at a Spurs game ... and meeting the Lastra family.





No comments: